A Continuing Medical Education Conference presented by Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
STATEMENT OF NEED
The Stanford IBD Symposium will be a dynamic forum supporting interactive learning across disciplines. The expert, multi-disciplinary faculty will present data and facilitate active discussions on a diverse variety of topics including the microbiome and diet, the importance of incorporating patient goals and preferences into care plans, best clinical practices using recently-approved therapies, innovations in therapeutic approaches, the diagnosis and management of dysplasia, and promising surgical and medical interventions in the pipeline. Opportunities for discussion and networking will be integrated into this thought-provoking and stimulating educational meeting.
This is an international program designed for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, allied health professionals, interns, residents, fellows and community partners specializing in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Primary Care, General and Colorectal Surgery and Basic scientists.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Discuss current theories on the contributing factors to IBD and provide reasoning for the global increase in the incidence of IBD
- Integrate recently-approved therapies into the care of patients with IBD
- Design care plans for special patient populations with IBD, including children, pregnant women, and those with concomitant hepatobiliary disease
- Identify recent changes in the diagnosis and medical and surgical management of IBD
- Incorporate strategies to deliver patient-centered care in practice
Registration fee includes course materials, certificate of participation, breakfast and lunch.
Register online with Visa or Master Card by visiting cme.stanford.edu/ibd.
If you prefer to pay by check or need assistance, please call (650) 497-8554 or email email@example.com. Be sure to register with an email address that you check frequently. Your email address is used for critical information, including registration confirmation, evaluation, and certificate.
Physicians – $195
Nurses/AHP – $150